Alula EVO by Dreamflight

I have to admit the more I fly the new style Alula the more I like it. I have had mine since they first became available online from Michael's site. I have built mine as one piece to save weight and only recently added some sticky trim graphics. Tape is kept to a minimum with a bit to hold the wings on and some on the leading edge for a bit of limestone protection. Its really great fun on those warm thermal no wind days from a discus launch in still air flight of minutes are possible even without catching a thermal. Light wind of the tiniest slope theyare a real blast to fly. Mine has some cheapy micro servos from Robotbirds a small 4 ch Multiplex 2.4 rx and a 1/3 AAA pack up front.

Alula EVO

I had one - but got bored with it. Sold it on EBay for more than it cost me direct from the States.smile o

OK, it will fly in very light conditions, but apart from that you couldn't do a great deal with it.

Loops were OK, but I never managed a decent roll without it diving out at some point. Discus launches were fun and it would track along the sea wall in light conditions.

We rarely have very light conditions around here, but when we do I now prefer to fly my Weasel or my 3.8mtr Thermik Prowler - had a good session with them today.

Horses for courses, I suppose.wink 2

Edited By Devon Flyer on 09/09/2012 22:29:19

Alulas are a bit like Marmite (I quite like Marmite now and again) I tend to only fly mine rarely as more often than not its too windy and I am playing with other toys. But when its right its a blast and a nice change to fly, In reality I could do without the Alula unlike the Weasel if I ever lost that I would replace it straight away no question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A bit late here, but I agree with Slopetrash.

Weasel Evo is awesome....mine is coming up to four years old, and stll puts a massive grin on my face, especially landing it inverted !!.

As for the Alevo.......I binned mine. Both my mate and I spent ages trying to get ours to fly with consistency but failed.

The Mk.I version is far superior....

Such a shame the newer version, didn't live up to the older one.