Trex 500 electrics

Ian Rayne

Hi all, just got myself my first helli and it's my first electric flying machine. All my planes are nitro and the electrics are straight forward but this heli with an esc and gyro and optic7 receiver, I'm stumped have know idea how to connect everything and I don't want to damage anything. Has anyone got any simple instructions on what goes we're for me, or a good web sight.

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

Good to see you have turned to the dark side. Is your 500 a flybarred version, or running with a flybarless head with some sort of flybarless controller?

The Align instructions aren't too bad at getting the basic settings, but feel free to post anything you need help with and I will try to guide you. The basic set up is not as difficult as it first appears. You will need a decent pitch gauge though. Make sure the pinion is removed or the main gear when you are messing aroud with the ESC, as things can get a bit lively if your heli starts to spool up on the bench (ask me how I know !!)

Do you fly with any other heli fliers, as even the best setup could do with a check over by someone with a bit of experience. Have you got a sim to practice the basics?

There are a few uk heli forums wiith loads of information on 500's as they are such a popular model.

Regards,

Simon

Hi all, thanks for all the support and help with my first heli (trex500E pro) with a fly bar, I assembled it in 10 hrs on Sunday took it back to the shop today for inspection and help with the electrics and the sales men just found problem after problem with my assembly and has sent me home with a list of things for me to do on her, which I don't mind as it is the only way I will learn properly from the beginning even though I now have to strip and adjust and re lock tight half the heli and then take it back for another inspection, only once they are happy with it will they give her a test flight and start my lessons.

Ian

I found the Align instructions to be excellent and, like you, I had an excellent, knowledgeable, model shop who were able and willing to check the assembly and give it a test/tuning flight. After I'd built exactly in accordance with the instructions (link lengths, servos centered, etc.) the only 'tuning' he needed to do was to dial in some rates and expo on my trannie.

I can't over-emphasise the value of that hands-on help, whether it be from the vendor or from another source such as a club.