control run problems

michael ray

help please

I have been given a Cherub R/C Electric Model Glider as a gift with the intention of perhaps returning to model flying, seemed a modest place to start.

I can,t figure out how to get the rudder control run through the fuselage. I had no problem with the elevator run. Also how does one secure the motor inside.

Be gently, I last built a Keil Kraft Luscobe Silvaire in the 50,s

Advert

Thanks Eric

The contol run is supposed to be two pieces of pushrod fitted to each end of square section balsa, one of these being threaded for control horn. There was even four pieces of heat shrink provided to secure the wire. The elevator run was similar and easy to fit because it exited through the rear of fusalage. I think I will now use one length of suitable swg wire and solder the threaded piece to the end.

Many thanks for getting my brain into gear

Michael. You say you are going to use a length of suitable swg wire and solder the threaded piece to the end. To get a single piece of piano wire to do the job without flexing will be too heavy. It is best as Eric says use the square section of balsa or light white wood dowel for the push rod with the shortest amount of piano attached to each end on each end that you can get away with. When flying there is a lot of pressure on the servos during manouvers and you must not have anything that will flex and must be free moving. I agree with Eic cotton and cyano is preferable to heat shrink.