Top gun park flite Douglas Dakota

Peter Etherington 1

Advert

Peter,

Do you mean the one that CML are selling as a Dynam C47, (I am sure it says Top Gun on the box!)

If so I bought one of these for my brother (Birthday prezzie - what a nice brother I am!) and test flew it for him on Sunday.

I had my misgivings about it at first, but I must say it flew really well, and the test flight was a non-occasion really.

Once I sorted the trim out, it flew like any other low wing model would, and it even rolled and looped.

I kept a decent airspeed up though, and was gentle with the elevator during turns out of respect for the sharply tapered wings as I didn't want any tip stalls.

Half way through the test flight, I was so impressed with it's handling that I handed the Tx over to my brother who also commenteed that it was easy to fly, and he was happy enough to bring it in for it's first landing (I must explain that, although my brother is a good, competant pilot, he is not as experienced as I am, and lacks confidence sometimes, even though he has no need to!)

I can not comment on the installed radio as we bought the plug and play version, which required providing our own Rx and Lipo,

I would say you would be best getting the PNP version and fitting a receiver to match your radio.

If you are just starting out, and don't have a radio yet, then I would advise you not to choose this as a first model, but wait until you have learnt to fly to a decent standard before spending money on a model such as this!

Andy

Edited By Andy Ennis on 10/10/2012 22:32:35