What size for a 1/4 scale Pitts for servos

Gaz Elliott

Advert

Jealous.....I'd love a big Pitts Spesh......great little plane....thumbs up

A 1/4 scale Pitts isn't actually that big....about 60" as Jeff sez. Are the servos digital or analogue? Digitals usually take more current than analogue units.

Rather than capacity the major factor in a battery is its ability to supply the necessary current. In the case of NiMH cells bigger is usually better so I might be tempted to look at sub C type cells. Maybe one of these.....

Another option might be to consider LiFE batteries plugged directly into the Rx.....I recall David Ashby did this with his Christen Eagle which was a similar size....I think he used a 1200mAH LiFE pack in that model....

Just so happens that I have a cml pitts for repair/rebuild ,the original kit spec calls for 4x 42 oz servos on ailerons,75 oz on rudder & elevators heavy duty switch harness and 6v 1700 scr batt and I would suggest a good onboard battery checker .Flying weight with a 120 FS should be around 11 Lb.

On the other hand, back in the day ,I had a Phil Ramsey ¼ scaleS2 with two servos on ailerons ,two on elevators and one on rudder ,all standard analogue of course and on 35meg with a ST2000 up front ,never had any control issues with this setup