Hanger 9 P47

Mark a

Yes well done Mark, I've made a start on my Thunderbolt this week and bought a few bits for it including a lovely pilot from Petes Pilots.

My Hangar 9 Hellcat is a joy to fly so I'm looking forward to this one, Isn't the chequered cowl a great lookind thig.

Hope to hear about some more flights soon.

Posted by Justin K on 07/09/2013 07:42:58:

Yes well done Mark, I've made a start on my Thunderbolt this week and bought a few bits for it including a lovely pilot from Petes Pilots.

My Hangar 9 Hellcat is a joy to fly so I'm looking forward to this one, Isn't the chequered cowl a great lookind thig.

Hope to hear about some more flights soon.

Hi Justin.

I to have a pilot from Petes Pilots its the 1/7 scale US WW2 head turned slightly and mask to one side, i wonder if you have the same one.

Posted by Justin K on 08/09/2013 17:54:11:

Yes that's the chap Mark, have you had the chance to fly it again yet ?

No not yet, stuck the decals on today and refitted the cowl after i re-enforced it with fibreglass. Will recheck the CofG and have a go next weekend if the weather plays ball.

Mark.

Just read your thread Mark, well done on the Maiden flight. Some times a little wind can help and as you say it was a floater. If it was dead calm and no wind you can find you over shoot on landing if your not used to the plane. My Maiden flight with my Mustang was entertaining because of zero wind and I over shot twice and had to come back around lol. 3 or 4 flights later and I had the feel for her and it floats in to and almost hangs there anoyingly lol. I have flaps on the Mustang and they help a lot on landing.

Well done again

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit disappointed to find that when I slotted the horizontal stab into place its not square to the fuseangry Its not far out and a bit of fettling will sort it but not the quality you would expect from a Hangar 9 kit.

I've also used some fibre weave sheet and epoxy to reinforce the fire wall and have done the wing servo's and aileron horns . I Had planed to leave the kit till after holiday but I failed wink

My Hangar 9 Hellcat that I purchased built but unflown seemes to have had the same issue. I noticed the tail plane was slightly off and dreaded the maiden but after lots of flights it's not an issue and doesn't affect the flying characteristics at all.

I have sorted the Thunderbolt's horizontal stab now tho with the help of a small file.

I'm not going to remove the covering on the top of the fuse to glue the fin extension , instead I will fit 3 carbon rod pins on the underside and bond it in that way.