MQ-9 Reaper anyone?

I fancy doing a bit of FPV and having looked around the FPV model scene kind of settled on the MQ-9 Reaper from the HK UK Warehouse, **LINK**

Trouble is that the build instructions, (downloaded from the HK International warehouse listing for the model), are pretty cryptic and the thing looks a bit of a pig to build. OK without the model and all the parts in front of you build instructions can sometimes seem puzzling, but these take the biscuit.

I've searched here but there's no mention of this model, so I thought I'd just put a quick post up to ask if anyone's built one of these.

Advert

I looked at that one too as FPV is on my list of things to try at some point. I just looked at the instructions and they seem really good compared to some that come from HK, are yours the same as these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/113160731X660215X49.pdf

I'm interested on what you think of it once its built, it certainly looks impressive in flight videos, despite having very flexible wings

John, yes the build instructions I downloaded are the same. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the build instructions I've had with my other models from Multiplex and Seagull. There are several head scratchers in these, for instance in illustration 1 you've obviously got to glue something to the undetrsidde of the wing tip, but what, and in illustration 9 you're told to glue sandpaper to a thin piece of ply - what's that for? It'll probably all become clear with the thing in front of me...or maybe not !!! Great link to the build thread, thanks, that's going to be a must come the time.

Yes I figured the sanding thing - I was thinking it was something more compliated than that - and I guess you'd need the kit in front of you to work out what goes under the wing tip.

ps:  just found out that wing tip and tail skids are provided with the kit, but looking at the Youtube videos of this model it looks as though not many people fit them.

Edited By PB on 06/11/2012 16:22:32

Sorry not to have responded to your question John - had to shoot off for a couple of days. Got back and went to order it only to find the UK Warehouse out of stock !!! The Euro warehose doesn't stock it so I have no choice but to put in my email address and wait for the in stock message to arrive. In the meantime I've been researching cameras and everyone seems to be be very impressed with this little key camera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj26JjSiazQI'm still looking into cameras though - it's a bit of a minefield.

Edited By PB on 10/11/2012 15:15:15