Acro Wot side thrust

Advert

Ron is right - you need the side thurst and down thrust; I used washers as described - dont skip this. The trig to work out how to offset the engine is easy if you know the exact sizes of your engine & pythagoras...

I think the model would fly without but why court problems? Its a great model.

I would also strongly recommend reinforcing the fuselage joints with triangular gussets and glass cloth the interior of the fuel bay back to the leading edge of the wing including the inner surface of the firewall....just for extra confidence

Good luck!

Jon

Edited By Jon Laughton on 09/11/2012 16:40:03

The amount of sidethrust you need can also be affected by the engine/prop combination. With my AW I found that the design sidethrust was fine with an 11x6 (ST51 and quiet silencer) but the combination was too noisy for our site so had to try alternative props. I found that an 11x9 and a 12x6 (my eventual choice) both needed a little more right thrust than the design figure.

The best check, of course, is to pull a truly vertical upline and see what the model does. As speed decays it will start to yaw - obvioulsy if it yaws left, more right thrust is needed and vice versa. However, if it climbs straight up long enough to meet what you want, no need to fiddle!

Mike