Parkzone Albatros

scott finnie

I have been flying my albatross most days for the last 3 weeks now to be exact 47 flights, i take-off from a private road and land there also, everytime without a noseover or any mishap , whilst flying i enjoy flying in a scale manner with limited rolls and loops, a few days ago after a flight i noticed a white line on the inner wing strut at the point where it connects to the fuselage. today i was flying and all of a sudden she started oscilating badly, i slowed her down and managed to land , i then noticed that 3 of the inner wing strut mounts had snapped and i was luck to have landed with the upper wing there at all. I was wandering if anyone has had similar experiences? Loosing my faith in Horizon hobby , i really like there products but with the sudden loss of rx signal with a brand new t34 and now this im not too sure,

Advert

Hi Scott

Fortunately, no strut mount failures to report on my Albatross (yet?).

My plane seems to suffer from foam stress fractures though.

The very open cell type foam cracks very easily under aerodynamic loads e.g. flexing of wings whilst flying in a scale manner as you fly too.

I applied some aliphatic white glue which penertrates the cracks and, (fingers crossed), seems to have stopped them opening up.

The control snakes jammed on mine though and I had a narrow escape when control was lost whilst in the air. Luckily I was over some long-grass and dumped the model without much harm. Needless to say I replaced the control runs to both rudder and elevator pronto.

Hi Capt Kremen

I've heard a few stories regarding the control snakes jamning up , think this will be the next step for myself as whilst i fly , i normally fly at great heights with camera onboard, i'd hate for it to fly off somewhere where i'd regret. Ive fixed the breaks in the struts through tonight with a mixture of plastic weld , aluminium sheet and araldite, i'm off now to see how she holds up, thanks for the great informaton though, i'll need to get my hands on white glue too

Scott