Model to fit a 61

Tony Read 2

A friend of mine gave me a very gummed up Super Tiger 61 2 stroke which I have freed up but have yet to run.

I'm looking for a ARF model to put it in but have yet to decide. My main criteria are:

It must be easy to fly with no nasty traits.

It should be simple to operate so fixed U/cart is fine.

Needs to be able to fly off a grass strip with no problems.

Must have a big fun factor!

Any ideas??? teeth 2

Advert

SIG 4 star 60 Kit or ARTF, Hangar 9 Pulse XT60, Great Planes Revolver 61, Seagull Edge 540 V2 60, Seagull Piper Cub 75 to name just a few. All ARTFS and all reqiure a 61 (+) 2 stroke. Don't be put off by the Revover or Edge, both these planes fly increadibly well and precise.

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 28/12/2012 14:45:20

Tony, the kits is a super fast build and mostly a lite ply fuse. You could have one built in no time. I think Pegasus models stocks them or did. I'll dig out a website of a place that stocks them in Germany. They are expensive, I suspect the H9 Pulse XT60 would be cheaper, but maybe not as robust.

Hi Tony

I have built a Sig four star 60, my first kit build and first low wing model, quick and easy peasy to build like a 3d jigsaw puzzle!!

Mine has an OS .65LA more than enough for it.

Got mine from Sussex Model Centre £103 for the kit, no ARTF though.

This is mine

I had a Chippahawk donkeys years ago, it flew well on an Enya 60. Quite quick to build, nothing too complicated and gives a reasonable representation of a Chipmunk. As per the description, they supplied the veneered foam bits, the cowl, ply bits, the canopy and templates, you provide the sheet and strip balsa.