New airframe for PZ Spitfire gear...

Major

Hi everybody.

I am looking for the airframe, in which I could use motor and ESC from my Spit. After several flights and crashes I'd like to put her aside in one piece and use gear somewhere else. It would be nice, if somebody could point me onto any model, but if possible, not made of foam. Any ideas welcome.

Little hint - plane weights about 1kg (AUW).

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Advert

Hi,

I don't think it will do the Super Slinky - or if it did the performance would be a bit marginal. The motor in the Spit is a E-Flite Power 15 - the Super Slinky needs a 25. Thinking about it the Whizza would be pushing it a bit too - although that can fly with a fairly docile power train.

BEB

Thanks a lot gentlemen.

Tom - I did a little research, but till now found nothing. Will keep looking anyway.

I did check SMC, and found some intresting things, but I'm unsure if it's gonna work...

**LINK**

**LINK**

First of all, weight.... These planes seem to be far too heavy, me thinks. Am I right?

Second - motor recommended is 950kV unit - EFLM4015A. I have PKZ5116, 950 kV. Is it the same unit?

Third - if now everything works with 30A ESC, do I really need to upgrade to 40A as recommended?

Cheers
Tom

Edited By Major on 15/01/2013 02:45:59

Posted by Major on 14/01/2013 11:10:41:

Thanks a lot BEB! That's what I wanted.

Just wonder, how about Super Slinky by Alex W?

Actually I think you'd be ok there M. It's a tiny airframe for a .25, so much so that I wonder what Whittaker was on when he thought of fitting a .25  - he doesn't seem to have flown it himself judging by the write up. Build it light perhaps?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 15/01/2013 07:08:32

I'm just finishing a Super Slinky and the all up weight is not going to be anywhere near the 4 pound mark that I think Alex mentions. Should be able to give an exact figure in a day or two but with an old OS25 its looking like it will be just over 2 pounds which coincidently is the same as the Whizzzas I have built in the past.

David A

good to knowwink. Super slinky is my next-to-do aircraft, just after unlucky Corben. I wanted to cut some costs on the hobby as want to start PPL training, but just can't resistwink. As You say- light buid and lets hope it's gonna fly...

Worden

I will be really grateful if You let me know your Slinky's AUW. Also - You could post some picswink, please.

From SMC I'd be tempted to try Shoestring 15e, but from other side don't think she will do ok in local parksmiley...

Not a problem Dale.

Yes, I do, but very sloooowly. I didn't move even an inch forward with it since few months, but tomorrow I'm gonna visit Blackburn, pick some stuff and finish her. Super Slinky is next (I wish), but will finish Baby Ace first.

Hi Tom, I've just weighed all the parts to finish the Slinky and the AUW will be 36oz give or take 1/2oz. I hope to finish it this week and will post some photos before it takes to the air (just in case as I live in the SE and Mr Whittaker states its not for "Southern jessies"!).

Thank You very much Worden.

So it looks like Slinky of Yours is a bil lighter than my Spit - with battery it was (if my memory is correct) 1100gm. Even slightly weaker lipo (25C instead of recommended 30) didn't make it lazy or unflyable.

So I wait for pics thenangel.

Regards