Spektrum DX6

Martin  McIntosh

Advert

Well the DX6 is only classed as park range, it is the DX6i which is full range.

As for receivers....AR6000 ( park fly ) is the only receiver compatible, therefore the short answer is NO.

Having said that, and with all the usual disclaimers ....I find the so called park fly range receiver fine on my largish slope soarers at a pretty good distance! I use an AR6000 in my wildthing, and have never had a problem at all. 

The AR6000 is only DSM1 and the DX7 sets and accompanying receivers are all DS2. Now....DSM2 is backward compatible with DSM1, but DSM1 transmitters will ONLY work with DSM1 receivers- the AR6000.

Thanks Timbo thats what I thought, but it seems strange to manufacture a set compatible with only one Rx. Using the car, I intend to do a full range check soon. The Tx knocks spots off the Futaba EX6 2.4 and from test flights today with two sets the system works faultlessly. I was dubious about the Spekky system but now look forward to one of the higher end sets when available.

Well the reason is that the DX6 is quite old, and was spekky's first foray into 2.4Ghz, designed primarily for surface vehicles originally, then with the intro of the ar6000 it was championed as air worthy but only parkfly.

All the other spekky stufff DX7 and now DX6i is DSM2, specifically for full range airborne use.