RCM&E videos

Gregor Leighton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David, what a great idea for my favorite mag! The vids add a whole new dimension to the magazine and I am looking forward to future offerings. I'm particulally pleased to see Mr Whittaker revealing his shedly  activities with his new lathe, I always look forward to his next column(s) in the mag as it doesn't matter wether the subject is mundaneor not, he can breath life, interest and an enjoyable read into it. Keep going guys, you are doing a great job!

PS I am not a family member or friend of the guys responsible just a well satisfied reader.

Cheers David  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

With Martin not being able to access the videos due to a firewall, one thing we did at school was use web proxies allowing us to get around firewalls until the department found the site and we had to move to a new proxy. I don't think work would like that though. I also think Firefox has an add on proxy so you don't have to use these sites. Firefox was banned at school because of this. 

Changing from you-tube could work but you would have the same problems as soon as the new host became blocked, and then even worse if you host it yourself and then this forum could become blocked not just the videos.

I am not sure if this is how all systems work but the school system (NSW, Australia) blocks every page every day and then unblocks the ones it likes, frustrating when the info your after is on a page they have never heard of.