3DHS Extra 300 SHP

Advert

Just a quick update - just given this model its maiden flight and it flew very nicely.

There was a steady light breeze. Needed a fair few clicks of up elevator as it wanted to dive constantly. I will put a little more weight on the tail and see if the cures it but other than that it was very well mannered.

I only had time for 1 battery for which I got around 9 minutes and when checked the pack was around 50% still. The OS motor gave it plenty of punch and it took off at just over 1/2 throttle with no issues at all. I am going to increase the rates on the rudder and ailerons from the suggested levels a little as knife edge was not possible and the roll rate was a little slow but there was plenty of elevator.

I will post again after a few more flights and fine tuning.

P

how do you find your 3dhs plane stands up to abuse, i just put my slick 42 through some, some what violent maneouvers the rudder servo came loose/snapped its mounting . the hatch came adrift as it ripped the rear former out that holds it in . i mean these were full throttle and i am frankly amazed it stood up to it i think i will do a bit of reglueing and add some light strip in to rienforce some key areas of the airframe. like you say though they are unbelievably light for what they are.

Hi Ben - I have only had 1 battery thru it so far. I need to increase the rates to make it do the serious stuff. I will have to watch out for the servo mounts then.

I may just have to put some extra strip in myself before going over the top with it.

They are definatly built with as little material left as possible. I cant see a single place where they could loose any more weight.

I will keep you posted.

Happy flighting!

P