Attempted scam on kit I'm selling

chris o

I've recently posted a kit for sale in the classified section and I'd just like to make everyone aware ,I had an overseas enquiry via email and agreed a price however the gentleman and I'm being polite here! Informed me that payment was posted via PayPal and that once I had paid his shipper then the PayPal funds would be released to me? This was a rather poor and feeble attempt that I was never going to fall for however it may be that his skill level will improve in the very near future and we need to be on our guard . PayPal does not hold funds in lea of shipping confirmation nor does it have any new protocols regarding shipping numbers before payment do not fall for this weak scam and always confirm PayPal accounts by logging into account and not via any rogue email u may have received .Be on your guard

Advert

I adopt the attitude. If I don't post it, then whoever collects it pays cash on collection. The buyer is then under no illusions. Paypal is ok when it is covered by postal insurance. Unfortunately there is growing evidence of massive fraud taking place on ebay. It is only a matter of time before the authorities have to get involved. If only to protect the general public.

kevinb Another day, another soap box