'Jemima' vintage model from RCM&E plan - build log

Stuart Eggerton

Hello Chaps,

First off Geoff - nice colour scheme and mods!!! I love the glazing and the blue and silver scheme looks brilliant! I'm sure if you look in the small print of the site CoC you will find something about not being allowed to build a model that looks better than the designer could have managed.... wink 2

Stuart, good to see your video, and I'm pleased to hear that your heavy landing resulted in no damage - Jemima's chunky and robust construction has raised a few eyebrows in certain quarters with mutterings of "could have made it lighter with thinner wood" but I have stood by my decision to build it like a brick outhouse since it's a model that's supposed to take more rough and tumble than most in its class. I'll be interested to hear how the expo affects the Dutch rolling problem, let me know how you get on.

Jim.

Advert

Hi Jim, yes the Jemima is built very strong and my landing tested that! I don't think my Hobbyking radio gear has any facility for adding in expo, but I have found that if the plane starts to dutch roll a gentle dab of rudder in the opposite direction soon dampens this tendancy. I even caught a thermal yesterday and managed to hold altitude and that was at 7pm!

I am getting flight times of around 28 mins on a 3300 3 cell which is great!

• 3 weeks later...

Stuart, have followed you on the alternative Jemima site and looked at this tosday, Brill. OPne small query, if you look at the alternative it will give full detail but I have an issue with the dihedral element. Did you have any issues with the rib guages not giving the full figure Jim gives on the plan.

• 2 weeks later...