Whats the best flying wing?

I suggest a Wowings Skua 1500 very much better than a Zagi. Will fly brilliantly in most wind conditions and can be ballasted, only disadvantage, price, as a kit  has to be imported from Australia and you are unlikely to find anyone here getting rid of theirs.

I have a Zagi and a Skua and the Skua is in a different class. 

See the post on this site 'Lee's plane'. And the Wowings site

Oops sorry

I'm looking for a powered model to fly off a flat field.

I guess best for performance against price.  One of the pluses with the Zaggi was it's £45 price tag (if I remember correctly).

I've seen an advert for the Mini Slinger and wondered what that would be like.

I can't be too precise about the conditions that I will be flying it in since I just left my club due to the fact that I am moving in the next couple of months to a village called Sutton (just west of Ely) and don't know what clubs there are in that area yet.

Well forget the Skua then - thats a sloper

I have the "normal" size Slinger by great planes, and it is very good. I would expect the mini slinger to be as good probably, but, err, smaller

I reckon these guys have some of the best fun for your money available today, and I have the "Holy Cow" version of the superfly....thoroughly recommended, as is the Buzz. These things are super tough against all sorts of arrivals. Check 'em out Chris...they are a "shopping partner" to the forum too!

flying wings

There is a link up on the top left of the forum pages somewhere as well

Regarding batteries, I e-mailed Gary at BRC and he said something like an 1800 to 2000 mAh 3s li-po is recommended.  I use a 2250 3s Hi-power in my other models so I asked if that was ok, he said it would be a squeeze but should be ok.

Airframe, brushless motor and ESC for 39 quid, who'd have thought a couple of years ago we would be down to that sort of price?!!  Not to mention a good size li-po for another £30, just ridiculous!

There are a few vids on Youtube showing the Wildwing flying, looks pretty exciting!

Thinking about it, I should have ordered mine before posting details here

lol

I must admit that electric power still confuses me I had a automatic charger for my Nicads/NmHs etc (think it is a Novo Pro?  Yellow thingy) and these lipos seem to have replaced everything.

I did pick up a couple of 2s lipo batterys + charger (they were for a helicopter I believe).  I don't know the power of them but I guess if I can find a flying wing to suit those then that would be ideal.

My dealings with Andy at Robotbirds have always been faultless, and 99% of the time I receive my goods the next day.  I have also found him very helpful with any queries I may have had with regard to hardware choices etc.

Maybe other peoples experiences are sometimes as a consequence of their own personality?