Hi

Bruce A

Hi Everybody

I am new to the hobby but like lot of people have thought of joining for quite a while. I recently was given a fair amount of RC gear from my Father-in-Law who decided that trecking in Nepal was a bit more exciting! The equipment is not for beginners (large scale stuff) but I am hoping to be able to work into it. A friend is making me use his old trainer; I have misgivings incase I wreck it, but he says that is part of the game!

I have to pick a club( there are two close to where I live) and get the proper flight training.

I used to enjoy modeling as a youngster(many moons ago) and would like to try that again. I saw the plans for Werewolf in RCM&E and thought that with help I may be able to do that. I would have a lot of time to complete the plane and the space to work on it. I was wondering if that plane would be able to be used as a low winged trainer. Any replies would be appreciated.

Advert

Hi, Bruce, and welcome.

Take up your mate's offer of his trainer, it will be your best route along with joining a club and getting help from them.

Don't know if the Werewolf would make a good low wing trainer as I haven't really looked at it, but I would guess not really.  The Black Horse "AIR" range are pretty good though; ARTF and well priced.

All the best.

Hello Bruce,

Welcome to the world of model, flying take Simon,s advice it will save a lot heart breaks.

Build yourself a Ben Buckle Super 60 it will take alot of punishment and its a pussycat 

trainer to fly! and learn on.

Good Luck.