JP GLIDERS

Advert

Hi Martin.

I have both the gliders you mentioned , and no they do not come with servos or motor components .The Bluebird IMHO would not be suitable for your needs and the Albatross although not a bad glider, I could think of far better options for a beginner.

Are you a lone flyer or learning with a club ? this is very similar to the Goldberg Gentle Lady and is very stable and slow.

Tom.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 27/02/2013 15:59:05

• 4 weeks later...

Martin,

Amongst other gliders I have had the pleasure flying the 'Gentle Lady' as electric, and without power being winched , and even aerotow, It's a nice first choice flat field glider. My very first sloper was the Vedette built from an RCM&E plan. It is a V tail simple build but a lovely model on the slope. These days if we have a gliding session it's flat field winch launch.000_1373.jpg

This is our glider winch I made by recycling an old cycle,. Rear wheel has 200m of 100lb BS line.The yellow you can see is the drouge parachute, this maintains tension to the line on release for winding in., Being hand pedal power gives full control over the winching.

Terry

Edited By Terry Whiting 1 on 23/03/2013 17:25:43