To BEC or Not to BEC?

Advert

I think that I will check the batteries and then decide on whether or not to fit the DPM. if the batteries are too different in how much needed to recharge them then you either reduce your flight to suit or fit the DPM. I had planned only a 3 minute flight time total for the first flight but it was nearly a minute of slow taxiing followed by 4 minutes of flight.

It didn't feel longer than a minute up in the air and then I was landing. I was too busy thinking about the controls rather than enjoying the flight. and had the weather been better I wold have braved another flight but taking off across wind is not desireable.

I will let you know what I manage to put back in the batteries though, anything less than 2000mah will make me a very happy man but today will tell.

I did get some film of it but it was with a camera not a camcorder so most of it is out of focus and the sky was terrible also. I will try to film the next one though.

Nick

No problems

I have just charged the batteries and to say I am a happy man is an understatement. 1492Mah and 1455Mah. That would allow me 8 minute flights with plenty of Taxi time and some room to spare. I think that I will set my tranny up for 6.5 mins for the next flight and monitor again after the next charge. I guessed there would be a small difference between the two motors due to the variable pitch props that are very hard to set identically.

I cannot wait for the next flight now

Nick