Twister CP v2 and futaba t6x problem

Chris Wood 2

Hello.. I'm quite new to the sport/hobby it his is my second copter. i bought a second hand twister cp v2 with no tx i then got a futaba ff6 t6x 50th anniversary tx. I've read the manual but am lost..i can find people with the 6ex not the 6x.Does anyone know the basic settings to get me going and which channel to put servos on 4 in 1. plus swsh settings... Thanks alot this would help as i would like to fly it.

Advert

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum...

I have the Twister CP v2, I can have a look at where all the leads plug into the 4 in 1 for you. Will probably be over the weekend now though mate. Sorry, I use the supplied Tx that came with the model.

Great heli to fly, really smooth. You can get the Twister CP Tx as a spare...£36

http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=70&curPage=3&sortField=sortorder

If you want any spare 1000mah Lipos for it, you may wish to try one of these LM Loong ones, £8.56 and work great.

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=246&osCsid=7a96cc0fc2e2da0f3145ae22988b97bc

Good luck

EDIT... I've just found this thread from a little while ago, you may want to contact John Edwards 2 he has used the Futaba 6x Tx on the Twister FP, so he may be able to point you in the right direction....

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/2020/last/1/V/1/SP/

Hi Chris,

I've just had a look at my heli and have found the following on the 4 in 1 module....

On the side with the 2 trim pots (GAIN and PROPORTIONAL), the top socket should have the tail motor plug (red wire to the top) and the main motor plug in the bottom socket (brown wire to the bottom) - leave this one out for messing about with the servo adjustments or the main rotors could start up when you don't expect it..!

On the other side of the 4 in 1 module (1 to 6 channels), looking at the servos from the tail of the heli, channel 1 is the nearest right servo, channel 2 is the far right servo (nearest to the main motor) and Channel 6 is the rear left servo.

When I set up my other CP heli, I set my JR Tx to PPM modulation and the swashplate type to CCPM for 3 servos (120 degrees).

Try reversing each channel (1, 2 and 6) on the Tx until the swashplate tilts to the direction you push the right hand stick, i.e forward will tilt the swashplate to the front of the heli, left tilts it left (viewed from the tail), back tilts to the tail etc..this may take a little while..!

With the main motor plug out of the 4 in 1 module,  raising the throttle stick should raise the swashplate still level and lower it as you go back to idle.

Good luck....

Thanks David I will try out all those settings..I will keep you informed on progress as this transmitter is complicated aswell. Iv'e been reading about hovering pitch and expotential in the manual. It says they are good for beginners so will look at them aswell. I got to change main shaft as person bought it off must have crashed teeth missing and broked boom. but that wont stop me.. thanks again.

hi I got transmitter working with heli set all channels correctly. had to rearange the channel numbers as they didnt work properly. i now press left and the rear 2 servos go left same as right both move press up and the front goes down the rear 2 up. throttle up and the swash goes down. which i've read it does on this model. But one major problem !!!!!!! rudder won't work. if i disconnect the servos it works fine as soon as i connect one servo the motor goes wild. if i use a 7.4v lipo it works no problem only does it when use 11.1v lipo. tried a different reciever same gyro half of 4 in 1 it still does it. is it the 4 in 1 thats to fault. help !!!

Hi Chris....

Don't understand why our channel numbers would differ..?...As long as they all work in the correct sense to the sticks, that's all that matters. Sorry for the confusion regarding the swash going up when you raise the throttle stick..!...I was sure it was the same as my Raptor heli..!

Are you sure that your 11.1v lipo is ok and not only giving a very low output..? The Twister CP V2 flies on 3 cell lipos only. Have you another that you could try..? Maybe a bad lipo may be dragged down by the servos..?

Set the GAIN pot to about 80% and the PROPORTIONAL one to about midway (50%) for now. 

Unplugging then plugging back in the battery pack resets the 4 in 1 module, making the LED flash RED for about 10 secs while it calibrates itself, then goes GREEN to signify all is ok to proceed. To initiate the sequence, the throttle stick and it's trim need to be set fully closed (down).

If your battery is going below the low voltage threshold for a 3S lipo, the 4 in 1 module's LED goes RED again. If when you connect any of the servos Chris, it goes RED, I would suspect your lipo is u/s.

Do all 3 servos opperate ok with the tail motor unplugged..? 

Hi.. I tried plugging the rudder on its own. Then trying a servo at a time But it just makes the rudder motor blip to full speed for second or two. Then when you touch the throttle it goes wild again... I have noticed that with just the tail motor plugged into the 4 in 1 and nothing else the motor gradually speeds up and down. Not by much but enough to hear the motor wined itself up. The LED on the 4 in 1 stays green through plugging all servo's in. only goes red when near full throttle. All servo's work perfectly with no tail rudder plugged in..I even plugged main motor in and all was fine. Just to add. I tried the rudder motor plug in the main motor socket all was fine.. Tried it vica versa with no blades on main rotor and it goes wild. What i can't figure out is to why it works fine with a lower voltage lipo than the original lipo that came with it. I know 7.4v lipo isn't enough as it won't lift off as head RPM isn't enough. But doesn't like 11.1v. Could this be the mixer board thats to fault. could it be rear ESC on mixer board.

I've never had my 4 in 1 apart yet Chris but it does sound like your tail ESC is faulty, unless using the Futaba Tx is having an effect on the tail channel somehow...

Is there no chance of a refund on the faulty heli, even though it was 2nd hand..?

If all else fails and you don't know of any local indoor heli meets to befriend someone who runs the same model and would let you prove your Tx would work their 4 in 1 ok, you may need to bite the bullit mate and get another 4 in 1 module.....

http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=424

That is unless you can dismantle it and find something....

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with a heli using a 4 in 1 module of any kind...?