Phoenix sim probs

paul howell

hi all    im having a problem with the futaba adapter leads they only last me a week or two. fast lad models have been very good and replaced them free of charge infact i have had the usb dongle and adapter replaced now and have got through four adapter leads since december. I now have same problem again. when i move the lead i intermittantly lose control and the please reconnect controller message appears. i dont feel there is a problem with the socket on my controller as a new adapter lead always solves the problem.  has anyone had ame problem or some  suggestions as to what may be the problem many thanks.                paul                                                    

Advert

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/30984/adaptor_contacts.jpg

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/30984/adaptor_plug.jpg

have tried another usb socket but problem seems to be where you plug the short futaba adaptor lead into the usb dongle, phoenix said the sockets can wear out from srain where the lead hangs from the transmitter but my latest lead has only lasted 2 days. they advised bending pins inside socket with a small screwdriver to improve contact, see A above said pin has now broke so i have to send another one back for exchange now.

i didn't have much luck bending contact. I not got my replacement back yet but i'm sure it will work fine for a few days then be the same again. i was going to try heat shrink tubing over the connector and socket to hold everything tight together see if that works.Good news they going to update adaptor, hope its sooner rather than later though sent 4 back so far.

• 1 year later...
Whoops, I recently bought a Phoenix sim and using my Spektrum transmitter started flying on it's dedicated Phoenix program. I then uprated to the latest version and wanted to see the difference it made to the flying. I found that one of the servos was reversed so I put it back as it should be not noticing that I had not gone  to it's dedicated channel. The next day I went flying a model I had flown two days previously and as you can quess as I lifted off and tried to give left aileron it spun right and into the ground. Now I know I should have checked the aileron throws and I did but the old brain gets a bit confused as they looked right. Spektrum as you know has a built in failsafe when flying actual models but it is an area in the phoenix program doesn't  warn you and you can fly the sim on any other model channel so beware.

• 1 month later...
Just purchased and installed my Phoenix 2.5.m after having bought a DVD RW today. Only porblem is that the PC/software will not recognise that the USB has been plugged - it keeps telling me that the TX is not connected? My PC is telling me that Windows does not rcognise the new device (Phoenix dongle?) Any suggestions please
Using a Futaba 7C in heli mode with the set up as Hel1?
Many thanks
Mike

Well some progress and then not. Managed to get it recognise my Tx this morning and went through the calibration process. Aircraft loaded but controls not right. Rudder seemd to control u/c and rudder, no elevator, ailerons worked. Got the aircraft off the ground and did a couple of circuits using some very odd controls!
Thought I would come home and have another play again but we are back to not recognising the USB connection...doh.
I have Reflex installed and I am assuming it is not conflicting and have to say so far I am less impressed with the Poenix. Will try an un-install and re-load. Cant understand why the USB driver is not on the Phoenix software if it that causing the problem. I ahev the latest Direct X from M/soft on the PC.
Mike

Edited By Mike Stevens on 31/07/2009 18:44:57