Hitec Optic 6 Interface Lead

Chris Jones 16

Hi Guys!

Just joined this great forum and I'm enjoying the wealth of information that's available!

It's always been my childhood dream to learn to fly RC Aircraft and finally, into my late 20's, I've taken the plunge. Bought myself a Boomerang trainer thanks to a great deal from SWM and have just finished building it.

Obviously I want to go at this properly, so I went to a local club last week, introduced myself and they've offered to take me up flying once the weather sorts itself out!

Anyhow, in the meantime, I'd like to get some hours in learning on a sim. The market is flooded with these things, but I'm only interested in some of the free ones to learn basic orientation skills ,with the majority of my training done through buddy-ing.

So my question is this: I've got the Hitec Optic 6 transmitter with my model and would like a simple USB interface cable to connect to my laptop with the hope of it working as a simple 4-axis joystick. Is this possible? All the cables I've seen seem to be sold as a dongle with the simulators or incompatible with 2.4g.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Advert

Hitec RCD supply an interface for use with all Hitec transmitters including the Optic 6.

Please refer to:
Aurora 9 - Simulator Interface Function Set-up[ (includes Eclipse, Optic 5 & 6 etc), see "Transmitter Trainer Cords and USB Interfaces - Update 24Mar10."

There is also a pictorial attached which provides Tx setting for use with the two best free simulators and as good as free (cheap) "Clearview"

The FMS Link also provides a number of Multiplex model profiles besides:

Multiplex RC Aircraft for FMS

See also:

Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Addendum & Comparison Charts ***

Alan Tong.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links