Transmitter tray for cold weather flying

I'm trying to source a transmitter tray for a flying buddy.

He specifically wants one that has a clear ,hard plastic, dome type cover - NOT the soft Turnigy style 'Transmitter Glove'.

I remember seeing some being advertised a while ago, but cannot for the life of me remember where. A Google search has proved fruitless.

Anyone got any ideas of where I might get one?

Ta - DF

Advert

Alternatively make your own for about £3.00. Go to your local home bargain store and pick up a plastic chopping board. a couple of eye bolts from Screw Fix and a few 2" X 3/16 bolts nuts and washers. Cut the board to length & shape if you want, (if its one with the hand hold in one end cut that end off. Bend and fit the eye bolts to the lower edge with some rubber tube over them. Use the off cut piece to make wrist rests and fix with bolts using multiple nuts and washers so you can adjust them to your comfort. Stick some foam on these for comfort too. Use whatever method you fancy to secure trannie to base. I used a couple of undercarriage clamps set so that the trannie handle snaps underneath and also have a slot in the base with a velcro tie round the handle for security.  This then fits inside my Turnigy transmitter muff.  You may have to modify it slightly to let the eyebolts out.  With mine I just dont zip it fully up and it's fine.

Simples.cheeky

transmitter tray.jpg

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 02/04/2013 21:35:15

I've got one that sounds like it may fit the bill, it's called a "trany tec" although it's often mis-spelled with two n's. Just google the name. Don't where it came from though as it was a gift. I use it without the cover as a simple tray, note to self, must get the cover fitted to see if it keeps my fingers warmer!

Shaunie.