Wings Maker J-11B

Goose10

I am seriously looking at this after the deep joy of kitting out my Sea Vixen and Vampires with upgraded electrics and ducted fans; could I be hooked??

Regardless, am thinking of sticking in two Turnigy Plush 80A ESCs (with UBEC) with two Change Sun 12 blade 70mm fans and two Cyclone Power CS480-2800-32EDF motors.

Two questions:

1. Anybody experience of this bird as it looks large.

2. With the ESCs in mind, is it simply a case of using a Y-harness to connect the ESCs in parallel; I understand also that one of the UBECs will have to be disabled by cutting one of the red wires?

Regards,

Phil Nic

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tony.

Took the plunge and parts on order; it is a well made kit and I do like the way that the wings etc fit extremely well into their respective fuselage slots. The wings especially have double notches which key in very securely although I may CF stiffen just for sanity sake.

I am also painting the beast with Styro paint, camo green top and light grey underside , just to be different an also aid with orientation when flying.

Not sure on undercarriage as I bellyland/handlaunch so may fit servos for these regardless in case I want to upgrade.

Will report back when assembled with comments on flight behaviour.