Spitfire Ace Series 1-4

Willowlea

Wondered if you chaps would be interested in this fantastic series I found on youtube, first aired in 2009. It follows the history of the Spitfire during the Battle of Britain and is an amazing series linking the historical stories of orginal pilots beautifully and poignantly with moden day in recreating the training of a spitfire pilot based on the orginal 9 hours training given during the 1940's.

Am afraid I cant change the size on episode 1 as embedding is disabled so hope the first one works if you copy and paste it.

http://youtu.be/M4kVWLy_Eiw

This last one is particularly incredible at the end when Pete Brothers one of the original Spitfire pilots from the Battle of Britain, with a look of nostalgia, pride in the spitfire and deep emotion evident to see, watches the spitfire. He seems to slip back into the role with ease as he takes control in the air and I am not afraid to admit I shed a tear watching such a great man, who was willing to sacrifice his life with so many, do a much deserved victory role in the sky.

Edited By Willowlea on 28/04/2013 13:05:30

Advert