Toolpac - backup a Campac tool

James Y

Hi guys,

I keep on getting emails on my site about where to download Toolpac - for those that don't know this is basically a simple DIY tool for backing up Futaba Campac's and their aftermarket clones.

Anyhoo, it appears that Pierre's site no longer works and obviously hasn't for some time. So, not that I'm fed up with writing emails or anything , but I've whacked Toolpac up on my site and you can download it there, along with details on how to convert it to USB - the link is below:

Download Toolpac - http://www.jamesandtracy.co.uk/howto/RC.htm

I didn't have anything to do with developing this brilliant little piece of software and hardware, all credit to Pierre, especially considering that after all this time I get 1-3 emails every week asking where to find it or if I have a copy!

James

Advert

Posted by Martin Harris on 29/04/2013 22:28:19:

Looks interesting but it doesn't look like it will support the slightly different format used on the 10C - or am I (hopefully!) wrong?

It should backup any Campac enabled radio, including the 10C, as it simply uses the 16K and 64K Campac protocols.

Some of the 'features' may not work (like model rename), but I can't see why as the header data pattern is consistent across all radios, it's only the model data "inbetween" the header and footer data that is different. You'll find an option to load any backed up CAMPAC file beyond the standard listed on the interface under the heading "other" I think. These backed up files can be loaded in Notepad and edited as they are simply Hex representations of ASCII for model names etc.