Recommend an electric Extra?

Hi there, I have just returned from flying this morning and unfortunately just wrote off my second (both short lived) Extra. They were both around 58" wingspan, both designed for IC but i converted to electric. The second (a Glens Models Extra) flew well and had a few flights. I just changed the prop and the performance was much better. However, both Extras have been written off the same way, turning after the down wind leg both literally fell out of the sky - both pilot error, as I am aware that they need to be flown in, power on - they dont glide well, especially in a turn!! Anyway, I have three bigger versions to build so I have to master this! Can anyone recommend an electric Extra? Perhaps something that takes 3s 2200 lipos might be ideal? Thanks Rich ps this looks just the ticket? http://www.rcpitstop.co.uk/parkzone-extra-300-pnp---pkz5175-1503-p.asp

Edited By Dickster on 06/05/2013 11:21:30

Edited By Dickster on 06/05/2013 11:39:50

Advert

Two words ''Extreme Flight''.

All the models are superb i would recommend the Extra 300 exp at 48'' size its bullet proof very strong and wont fall out of the sky here is a link to a video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiqQeO_5SsM

Good luck.

I would also recommend the Eflite Extra 300 32e. For something much cheaper, that flys beautifully, do consider this. It might be a profile fuselage, but it flys really well, more like a much bigger aerobat. Its really good quailty and light wing loading, so harriers etc really well. Mine has a 4S 3000mah set up, using an SK4260-500kv on a 14x8 prop and 4 standard servos.

thanks guys. I want something the can take a few knocks and wont break the bank (I've already written off two balsa versions in quick succession), so i am swaying towards the parkzone, and then perhaps one of the suggested versions after that - something similar to the wot4 foame. not much stock of any of these Extras... Rich