LiFe battery charge current?

FWAL

Just received my first LiFe 6.6V 1600mAh battery yesterday. I wasn't sure if it came fully charged or 'storage charged' so thought it best to plug it into my Turnigy accusell 6 charger. With this charger you choose the charge current, ranging from 0.1-5.0 A

The battery instructions states " Vapextech battery packs can be charged with a maximum current of 1C"

Being a relative newcomer to LiPo/LiFe/Lilo batteries and current is measured in Amps how does one convert 1C to amps?

Advert

Genuine A123 LiFe cells can be charged at silly high rates, Ive pumped 'em up at almost 8C occasionally.

Cant say I am familiar with vapextech LiFe packs though, I thought they made LSD cells/packs similar to Eneloops, called "vapex instants" which are effectively NiMH

I use 1C for all my (foil) LiFE packs too because they are relatively low capacity.....1C equates to under 2A for all my airbourne packs.

An exception is the 1800mAh battery I have in my Tx.....1.8A for 1 hour seems like quite a lot to put through the transmitters wiring so I only use 0.5C for that battery. Given that it only needs charging every few months this seems a small penalty to pay....