Binding problem?

The handbook for my DX7 states that during the binding procedure "press and hold the bind button on the back of the transmitter while turning on the power switch." That's fine, but turning on the transmitter takes you straight to Model 1 therefore affecting Model 1 settings. What is the procedure if I want to bind to Model 2 though?

There must be a simple explanation. Can someone put me on track, please?

Advert

You need to select the Model memory you want first (Model 2) then switch off and switch on while holding down the bind button, I always select the model memory I want then switch off and on again to ensure it is the right model then switch off and follow the binding procedure, it sounds like you have not successfully selected Model 2 first.

Edited By YakMad on 31/05/2013 14:51:24

Hi Peter, it sounds as though you are not correctly the model memory. I have just checked on my DX7 and the procedure it as follows:- hold down the Down and Select buttons and switch on, use the Increase/Decrease buttons to scroll to the memory memory you want, press down the Down and Select buttons together ( this sets the model memory chosen), switch off the transmitter. As Yakmad suggests, turn the transmitter back on to confirm the model chosen and then turn it off again. Turn on the receiver with the bind plug in place and the LED should flash, hold down the Bind button and switch on the transmitter. Wait for the receiver LED to stop flashing and go to a steady on. Switch off the receiver, then switch off the transmitter. Remove the bind plug. Switch on the transmitter and then the receiver and the radio should work. Cheers, John.