Problems flashing KK2 board

Mike Gunn

Hi all

Tearing my hair out,, so hope someone can help?

I have Windows 7 home edition on a a laptop. I have bought the HobbyKing KK2.0 board and their UsbAsp programmer. The board has firmware version 1.2 and I would like to update to v1.5 I expected my laptop to not recognise the usbasp due to not having the correct driver, and also that I would have problems installing a driver due to the current ones online not having a valid signature. I have downloaded from 4 different sources including one that is partially signed and one version that claims to be a fully signed driver. I get the same result with each when trying to update the unknown device driver and that is:

Windows says I already have the most suitable driver installed. I get this whethter I let Windows search the net for one or if I direct it to the dowmload folder. The include subfolders option is ticked.

If I look at propertiesof the unknown device Window reports that it has stopped the device due to error 23. It also tells me thaat the device has no driver loaded and from a different menu that it has a microsft driver installed.

I am unaable to get far enough for Windows to warn me about unsigned drivers etc Can anyone shed some light on this as I only found 1 such reference online and the person posting didnt get a solutioin.

cheers....Mike

Advert

Update

From device manager if I double click the unknown device(my usbasp) and select properties I then have 3 tabs.

From the 'general' tab it says windows has stopped the device due to problems (error 43)

From the 'driver' tab it shows the driver ssupplier as 'microsoft 2006'. From a secondary tab within this page marked 'driver details' it then says no driver is required or has been installed.

perplexing to say the least

mike

Looking at it, it would appear that an error 23 can be caused by an incomplete installation which would make sence. Reckon you might need to 'restore to an earlier version' of your system or use an error 23 repair tool. Then try to reinstall the drivers with firewalls etc off.

My main problem was getting java installed.

As I say, if no joy send to to me and i will do it FOC.