Getting back into R/C after a ten year break.

Hi all,

I'm just getting back into R/C Modelling after a 10 year break, time has moved on and it seems the Tec has too, Learning all about 2.4gh etcsmiley, started flying on our Farm back in early 90's as we had lots of decent sized fields and a nice slope to use.

I still have a Piper Cub from before i stopped which i hope to have in the air again soon, It's been sitting in the loft for the last few years but is looking ok.

I live in West Cornwall and do Wedding Photography and a couple of months back i got a DJI F450 Multi-Copter for doing Aerial Photography of peoples farms/House and doing that as got me back into R/C Planes.

Glad to be back into R/C Planes & Gliders again.

Advert

Hi Darren

welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby.

I have had a break from flying, it really does get under your skin and you always have it in the back of your head "to start flying again."

once a model flyer always a model flyer!!!

I do it for a living Tom, Don't take photo's of peoples houses for fun, They contact me first smileyIt's mainly farms and stables, fishing lakes etc!.

Thanks everyone, yes seems it's all moved on in ten years with 2.4gh and batterys and electric flight seems very much more populour now.

I do have a question, I have a FMS Glider with servos in the wings, should i connect these to 2 different channels on the rx or get a Y lead ( 2 into 1) lead then plug that into the rx. I have a Futaba 8J TX, only asking as i'm a bit new to Computer Transmitters too and have only just got the 8J, what ever happened to 35mz eh. glad i still got my old skysport 6.

I'm sure these something on the TX that would let me mix the 2 servos together, but thought i would ask first. and thanks again.

Indeed 10 years ago a servo per aileron was a luxury!!!

To get maximum flexibilty, your right aileron goes into the aileron channel and the left one into ch6... Yes the initial aeroplane setup would prompt you for a 2 servo wing, I can only speak from a JR or Spektrum standpoint altough I did attempt it a while back on a FF6 easily enough.

You now have the options of flaps - dropping both ailerons (mix in a little down elevator and test AT HEIGHT)... aileron differential (more up than down to avoid yawing in the wrong direction) and so forth. Single servo wing? never again!

Steve

PS Welcome back!!!

Edited By Stevo on 15/06/2013 18:59:13