New flyer in Gateshead

Hello everyone,

I am only just getting into the sport of flying 3D rc planes and i am wanting to meet others to fly with.

I purchased my first plane and starter set on tuesday 25/06/13 i bought the Hawk 3D with spektrum X6I and i am running a ap motor 1500kv/10amp robotbird ESC/SG51 servos/450mah batterys.

Need to join a club close by and learn to fly more!

Declan

Advert

Simon's right Declan - I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm in any way - but this is not a good place to start from if you haven't flown before! By their nature 3D models are very agile - that's the positive way of saying it - if I was being more direct I'd say they are inherently unstable! If you make your first attempt to fly on this model the most likely outcome will be that you'll smash it up! As you've spent hard earned cash on this model that would be a huge pity.

Your best plan would be to find a club in your area - get a good trainer and some instruction from the club. Put the 3D job in the hangar for now - then when your skills develop take it out and enjoy it without the fear of wrecking it!

BEB

Hi, i fly with alex case and my first plane is the hawk 3d and alex did say i needed to sign onto this forum because of my skill, i had been flying the plane for a day and i was flipping it, doing rolls and spins i can control it to any hight, i can fly it properly like a scale plane and do loops.

Im now on my 3rd day of flying and getting better and more excited my what the plane can do, I'd love to fly with others as alex says its not normal for someone with no experence at all to be able to fly 3D planes.

I'm confident now, i go out on my own and fly the plane through 3 battery packs with no crashes but obviously make many mistakes, I am learning to fly upside down by using the english bunt maneuver, the plane is so agile and the feedback is amazing.

I have been flying 2 foot from the floor and trying to hang it in the air sometimes with sucess, I am loving every minute of it! still haven't crashed bad enough to damage the plane although tonight was far to windy to fly i tried and failed, the plane wouldnt hack the blustery winds!

Declan