Concorde or TSR2

Advert

Just had a good look at some of the pictures above. Its astonishing that the TSR2 still looks like a modern aircraft; with a new grey scheme it won't look out of place with the Typhoon or even F35. Many have said it, but its just such a shame the British Government lost the plot and stopped our lead and cutting edge developments in aircraft design.

It turned out that the cost of cancelling orders for the F111 that the Wilson government decided to buy instead of TSR2 and then backed off, would probably have covered the development of it. Alongside cancelling P1154, HS681 and the advanced aircraft carrier that was almost built, huge amounts of money already spent we're wasted and an industry was wrecked, to our continuing disadvantage. If ever there was a failed profession it's politics and it hasn't changed. TSR2 was set to be a winner and we lost out. I agree that it still looks fantastic today.

Start building the TSR2 then if you have to cancel the project for any reason you can says it's scale!

Seriously, it's really which one would fly better given the limitations of your flying field etc. But even a static model of a TSR2 would be worthwhile.

I had a go a while ago with a Green Air Hawker Hunter made from all depron. However I struggled with the build and gave up (my incompetence). Green Air current offerings look a lot better though and I have a lot of respect for Mike Black. That TSR2 you're doing Pete looks very promising, can't wait to see it finished and flying. I think you've got a winner there.

Let's hope so Colin.

It's one of the latest generation V kits from GAD with all the parts milled to final section and just requiring finishing, so I've got great hopes!

I was looking at doing one for a 90mm fan and have a plan, but 70mm is simply too convenient to pass on. wink One piece and simple to operate... can't be beaten!

• 1 year later...