Hi there

Mark Eames

Hi there my name is Mark Eames and i am just in the process of trying out the hobby.

I bought and built a couple of planes about 30 years ago and recently set myself up with a trainer, (well actually 2, oh and one thats now half built) oh and spent 2 weeks obsessing about converting my wifes toolbox into a mobile hangar and flightbox etc.

Anyway i have a tutor 40, a jumper 25 and am building a world models LA flyer 40 but am a bit dissappointed with the quality of the worls models kit compared to my other trainers. I have just got my buddy lead, converted my transmitter to mode 2 (for ease of finding a buddy), but am at the oh my God what do i do now, I know nothing much about little engines or setting up the radio but have found a club and am just waiting for the weather to break to get out and start learning.

regards,

Mark

Advert

Hi, Mark, and welcome.

Glad to hear that you are getting back into the hobby, and with a good trainer too; you will like the Tutor.

You say that you have converted your TX to mode 2, but if you have an up-to-date model, then you can stick to mode 1 if you prefer as any modern buddy TX will cope with this. I am currentlly teaching someone on mode 1 with my "master" TX on mode 2 which is what I fly.

Best of luck,

Simon