building help!

RC Yoda

Hi guys, I'm new to the sport!!! I'm getting a trainer sorted and learning to fly!!! I want to build my own plane from scratch do u have any recommendations?? I want a model were the parts are pre cut and I put them all together. (Not a forme) but nothing to difficult but something to challenge me and help build up my skills and knowledge base!

Cheers Yoda.

Advert

I got a rcm&e fournier suits a 25..2 stroke ..however im stuck ..and its been sitting neglected for months..seems like a good second model..board of building and off to buy a ka 7 pichler glider but coudnt find any reviews on this forum..Roy

you could try a Slec Funfly theres the electric or I.C. powered versions on that page, nearly everything is pre cut for you ( there is a bit of sanding to make things rounded etc ) very easy instructions with pictures to accompany each written paragraph, and the kit comes with all the accessories you need to complete, They make a very good second model after the trainer too

heres mine funfly 003.jpg

My first proper build was a SLEC funfly. It's a great choice with a very full set of good hardware. That means that its a fairly economic build too. I would recomend it as a good follow on model, and an ideal first build.

Its now available electric or glow too.

If you can get to a show, you will save a bit as SLEC tend to sell at show prices - maybe 15% or so cheaper than normal price.

smiley Hi Yoda, My first build was a galaxy gazelle which I found was a nice build with all the main parts pre cut, the wings are foam veneered and are very strong. I learnt to fly on this plane and I still use as a winter hack, very strong and a joy to fly. The Galaxy kits are now available at giant shark. in fact I've now built 3 Galaxy kits Gazelle, Scorpion,Domino and I am about to build the Magician.

I think these kits have been around for many years and are a joy to fly and build.

good luck there are so many to choose from, just remember to take your time and enjoy it,if you get stuck ( which you will in places ) take a break ask some questions on here, there is always someone who will help you, and get back to it .

Before you know it you will end up with kit queuing up to be built.

regards Roy