Hitech Eclipse 7 Pro ....Throttle set up issues.

Good morning all.

I have a problem setting up the throttle on my new Hitech Eclipse 7 Pro and was looking for some advice please.

When I connect the esc to channel 3 all I get is the motor /esc continually going through the set up chimes, the throttle has no effect on setting the esc.

I tried connecting a servo into channel 3 to test and all I get is servo movement from 1/2 stick to full, nothing below this point.

EPA shows 100% from 1/2 to full but shows zero from 1/2 to bottom.

Trim is set at zero.

Radio is set to ACRO.

I tried plugging in an old Futaba rx and tx and all is ok, so I know the esc is set ok.

I hope the above makes sense

Any ideas please guys.

Thank you

Phil

Advert

Three items which will be of assistance with your new Tx:

. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1923257      = Eclipse 7 Pro - FAQ

. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - FAQ - Setup and Additional Programming

. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution + ESC / BEC Set Up

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Edited By A.T. on 08/07/2013 00:35:37

Edited By A.T. on 08/07/2013 00:38:01

• 3 months later...

On a slightly different note, don't expect to fully programme an ESC in the GLIDER set up on the Eclipse 7 as the only way you can have an electric motor running in the GLIDER menu is using the elevator D/R switch and that means either motor ON or OFF. (Full power or none!)

As I've just found out after much head scratching, the ESC will recognise the switch as ON or OFF so you can have power, but none of the ESC's programme functions can be activated as the slider lever on the Tx is not available to accept or confirm them. Ask me how many times I tried before the penny dropped!

This is worrying of course 'cos it begs the question.. what happens if I plug in my model with the Elev D/R switch forward? Will the prop spin up on full power straight away or is there a fail safe to prevent that? I daren't try it as the prop is so powerful I can barely hold on to the model under full power! Normally in an ACRO model, with full slider control on the throttle, there is a warning tone if you switch on with the stick up and the prop doesn't go.

Anyone know the answer to this?

• 1 month later...

I've now tried the switching on the ESC / Rx with the D/R switch forward (motor ON) and it doesn't spin up the prop. Instead the ESC goes into programme mode and I was able to set the brake at least, by moving the D/R switch back to OFF within 2 secs. Other programme functions may be available by leaving the switch forward and allowing the ESC to go through its various tones until the one required is reached. Then pushing the switch back should accept the programme function you need to change. I haven't tried this yet because the ESC default settings are OK for my model. Hope this helps anyone else with an Eclipse 7.

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I am setting up my new Eclipse 7 Pro 2.4 GHz tx in my 6 servo motor glider. I need to use the ch. 3 throttle lever for CROW function and the #1 Toggle switch for motor on ( full throttle ) and /off only, which is sufficient, but I'm pulling out what little hair I have left trying to decipher the switch selection process from the broken Asian / English directions.

I've been into MX.SS, PMX 1 and THRO functions for hours. The motor works on both the #1 toggle switch AND the ch. 3 throttle lever. Need just the switch....please.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.....Tom