Bardney Retro Fly-In

Steve Dunning

Coming up in August is a two day event at Bardney Model Flyers site just north of Lincoln. The dates are:

August 10 & 11 2013
Website - Bardney Flyers Model Club or telephone Tyrone Baker 07751 740094.

Please contact in advance to advise of your attendance.

BMFA A certificate is required
Entry - £2.00 per pilot
There will be a BBQ during the weekend .

Limited camping and caravan places on site.

Sounds like a good flying site Steve, quite local for me. I'm a little more prepared now. I've thrown out the just engines 'super' silencer & fitted a pipe. The Merco 61 is now transformed. Head shims are not easy to find however. Anyone know of a source of 24mm bore shims? They are standard 61 size actually, obviously not long stroked.

Is it classic aeros both days this time?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Sunday is the day then. Hope the weather's ok, don't want it too hot for my poor old Merco 61! Just changed bearings, hope to run up again tomorrow. Will be increasing oil +3%, as internal parts were showing rust. Nothing plated in this motor.

Just the one classic model for me. I'll be studying the other designs on the day, see if any look more appealing for my next project. Maybe Bob could bring along Altair plans.....??

• 2 weeks later...

An early reminder for you Bob.............plans please. I'll try to post again end of week. Must remember my digicam.

I've emailed the Bardney MFC via their website, but heard nothing back. Is the event still on? How are they fixed for us 'old timers' on 35m RC?? Is it just turn up & fly or what? I'm thinking of attending both days, weather & time permitting.

Excellent Steve! It's very sound thinking to provide information for spectators. Maybe a Taurus or Mustfire ('60's design) on the left side......??

I've now messaged Bardney's Tyrone with regard their procedures for the days flying. We'l see if that raises a response. Hope they have sensible Tx/pilot control for us 35m users.

Anyone going on the Saturday?

i way be able to get a banner stand - holds a (approx 1.2m high x 450mm wide) vertical banner.

Would you be interested? Can't promise, the company I am contracted to at the moment threw a load out and they were squirrelled away by a bfriend. I may be able to relieve one from him if they have not already been disposed of..

I am also really sorry I cant be there as well - weather looks like it may be OK after rain passes over tonight

Martyn