Bardney Retro Fly-In

Steve Dunning

Just got back, emptied the car and made a cuppa. What an excellent day, many thanks to the Bardney club for their great hospitallity, and to Steve for his part in organizing the day.

Nice to catch up with everyone, and to fly all 4 models that I took (ok, one only briefly until the plug exited stage left) and only have one rudder horn as total damage for the day. Even nicer to go out with 4 models and come back with 5 - how did they know it's my birthday tuesday? Yes, I won a Wot 4 in the raffle - like I said an excellent day, thanks to alll involved.

p1020350.jpgp1020354.jpgp1020355.jpgp1020370.jpgp1020372.jpg I hope everyone puts this in their diary for 2014. Great hospitality from the Bardney club, with a variety of models flown, not just retro F3A, very entertaining. Terry Westrop attended both days and flew his new Upset II powered by a Merco 61 with tuned pipe. A bit light for the very windy conditions but still a great performer.

Yes, absolutely, Bardney was excellent. Bob with loadsa models: KIng Altair, Blue Angel, Tornado & Marabu. All flew nice, even in the breezy conditions of day 2. Interesting to note that the huge Altair can be altered markedly & stay within classic ruling...?? Would this apply to any classic design? Eddie Scott with a smooth flying design I am unfamiliar with, but certainly appeared 80's in design.

Steve again with his trusty Pacemaker. Didn't note the engine, was it a Redshift perhaps? (as it well could have been back in the early 80's)

Minty Morton with the only EP, a 'proper' Crescent Bullet.

Hope the Retford event proves as entertaining. Maybe we'll get a few more Classic pilots.

Thx for the Loan of the Altair plans Bob.