Red Dragon MAC nr Oakdale Gwent

My nearest BMFA affiliated club is the Red Dragon MAC nr Oakdale, Blackwood, in Gwent. I've been to their flying field several times, but there is never anyone around. The BMFA web site club map gives the name of Mr L.G. James, but there is no contact number or email address, and I can't find anything about them on line. Anyone know if the club is still active?

• 7 months later...

HI I am new to this game but you could try South Wales Valleys Flyers. They are about 400 yards from Llanciach Vawr Historic house . There is a local council reed bed depot right next to our entrance gate .We are about 20 in number and are a .friendly bunch .We are affiliated to the BMFA but we still don't appear on their location map .You could get contact details of our secretary Mr. A . Crosby from them. We are situated between Trelewis and Gelligaer Hope this helps

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The club is always open to members, as Mike B has indicated please log on to the website and send a mail or Contact the sec regards membership.

Friendly bunch flying most stuff with club and area examiners as members, come and visit the site and talk to the guys.

Sean - I emailed the club last February. Received a reply on 15 Feb saying that the club was not taking on new members due to a change of site and that I would be notified if a slot became available. Either no new members or someone forgot to tell me? In the meantime I joined Gaer Park MFC but haven't flown there for months.

Graeme

Hi Graham,

I am sorry that no one has been back in touch, there was a slight hiatus in taking on new members as we changed fields in Feb due to the council building on our original site.

We needed to stabilise the club and membership was opened a few months later, I was unaware that you had gone to the website, we had the person running that leave the club.

If you are still interested give me a call and we can talk, I am the sec and my phone number is listed on the red dragon site.

What do you fly and where do live?

Sean

Edited By Sean Preece on 26/07/2015 19:16:54

Sean - thanks for that. Mainly aerobatics and scale, with a couple of soarers and heli's for variety. I live in Pontypool so yours is my nearest club, or at least it was before the move. Not sure if I'll be doing any more flying this year because of health problems, but I'll let you know.

Graeme

• 4 weeks later...