Anyone in the process of building a turbine?

stevejet66

Just covering T/N Retrojet 75 at the moment , got a wren 80 for it ,

not built by me , Andy Green built it for me, he's on here and i must say

he did a cracking job on it . pics at Andy green .co.uk.

Got to get a few bits from Cosford the weekend to finish it off .

Edited By Wez on 17/07/2013 18:05:57

Simon nice plane and nice shape, Its a nice change to see your turbinator and wez's T/N Retrojet 75, Im a bit fed up of seeing the run of the norm turbine models and it makes a massive difference to get folk onto something more trainer like than your expensive f16's etc. Thats why i designed the mijet trainer for my own advance, I want a jet plane thats more sedate not a missile and im sure both of your aircraft will fly lovely. Just the wings to build for my jet and hopfully w'ell be whizzing. At a pace of coarse. Keep us updated, What turbine are you using?

I think its a Wren Super Sport Jubilee. Not really taken it out of the box yet, as I have other projects which I have not looked at for months, and I know the temptation to bolt it to something and fire it up will take over !!

I don't really want to go down the composite route. I'm thinking about the Ziroli Panther once I've got my head around the whole jet thing, and then I would like a Phantom, but I've not seen a plan for anything like that. I'm still undecided about whether to go for a laser cut short kit to take some of the pain out of the build? I was tempted by Tony's Vampire, but there seemed to be mixed reviews on it.

Been watching you videos on you homebuild, be good to see her in the air.

Regards,

Simon

Firstly guys the boomerang range of models are as easy to fly as a trainer or first low winger and lets face it if you are thinking of flying a jet then a low winger should not scare you, in my opinion the retro jet is a waste of time, if the boomers did not fly as well then i could see the point, but they do and so i don't to my eyes it is ugly and a jet should not look like a shopping trolley, if the thought of flying a boomer scares you then maybe you are not ready for a jet. The turbinator is a good first jet as is a boomer or another i have got on the building board the fighter aces Valkyrie ps and before you ask i did say that to TNs face!

Thanks for the info on the Vampire.

It's a shame Tony didn;t go for a more sport orientated jet, I think they would have sold really well. I don't like the look of the RetroJet, but I can see how it would make a good trainer.

My first jet is going to be a Boomerang intro, just need to go and pick her up at some point. The Turbinator is planned for my second build, as I just want something a bit different.

totally agree wez and simon, i also did not want yet another Boomer, thats why i purchased this

valkyrie

but after a conversation with someone he advised me to stop being silly and get a second hand boomer to cut my teeth on, and to be honest he was right, it was the best peice of advice i have had in moddeling

first jetsoo easy to fly

and will fly so slow, yes boomerangs do look the same but i would rather have acommon looking model that is amazing to fly than an ugly looking pram that i would get bored of very quickly, it also helps that i got the entire lot, albiet uncoverved and unassembled including a P80 se with 2.5 hours on the clock for 1200 quid !!!!!!!, thats servos, powerbox switch, retracts and fueling equipment!!!! i could not refuse that !!

Edited By Lee Smalley on 18/07/2013 14:25:26

Lee the boomer looks great, I think everyone thinks jets are ment for speed but not in my eyes, Its experiancing jet flight which i have yet to do and the last thing i want on my hands is a missile, You got that at the right price, That was bargain of the year!