Can anyone help???

Vince East

Hi everyone, my name is Vince. I am new to this site and new to threads. Can anyone help me? I have brought a 61" messerschmitt pre assembled plane.The detail is magnifisent and I am delighted with it but, the nose cowl is missing. I am looking for a replacement or plans to build my own. Here is the problem, I dont know what kit it is. I have looked all over the internet and found pics of only one similar kit, ROYAL MARUTAKA. MTK-037 MESSERSCHMITT BF109E . I have taken pics of mine on the link to follow. PLEASE could anyone with any knowlege about Marutaka kits advise me if you think this is one as, unless I can identify this kit I stand little chance of finishing this fantasticly detailed plane. Also anyone with a messerschmitt have a look just incase you have the same one and you know what it is. Any information will be most gratefully received, Thankyou.

Advert

Vince, YT International, based in Birmingham do a 60.6" Span Me 109 ARTF. Although yours looks like a (nice) kit built one.

Might be that a spare YT International cowling would be a fit for yours. If you can get one.

Marutaka made kits in Japan. They were also re-labelled by Royal and the kits are now considered collectors items.

Thankyou for the info so far but im still stuck with trying to find out what ive got. I have found a website that marutaka plans are freely available to download but the bf109 they have is a 900mm mine is a 61". sad I am still hanging on in the hope that someone will recognise mine and tell me what kit it is. I have found a couple of cowls but as mine has the machine gun grooves and the engine air intake or cooling vent on the fuz its self its proving a real mission to find anything even similar. Does anyone have a plan for a marutaka 61" BF 109??? I dont have much to offer in return accept a complete plan for a Heinkel HE111 if it helps anyone else.