EDF Compatability

J Myers III

Hi all!

I'd like to know if a JETiger set-up would be compatible with a new T-45 kit I ordered. In my JETiger I used a Turnigy nano-tech 1300mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack with the stock 30 amp esc, stock 64mm 6 bladed edf unit and the stock 4000kv brushless inrunner motor. I plan to transfer the motor, battery and the esc into the T-45 kit when it comes, however it uses a 5 bladed 64mm edf unit, will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance!

Advert

Hi, I would expect there to be little difference in flight performance between the two fan units. Just make sure that if the fan units are a different length that the airflow is not disrupted in front of the fan or at the rear where there may be gaps. Make sure that anything done in front of the fan is secure and cannot get sucked through.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by J Myers III on 27/07/2013 15:19:10:

Hi all!

I'd like to know if a JETiger set-up would be compatible with a new T-45 kit I ordered. In my JETiger I used a Turnigy nano-tech 1300mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack with the stock 30 amp esc, stock 64mm 6 bladed edf unit and the stock 4000kv brushless inrunner motor. I plan to transfer the motor, battery and the esc into the T-45 kit when it comes, however it uses a 5 bladed 64mm edf unit, will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bud, i'm going to do the same with my electronics.....(as you know) i bought a T-45 yesterday.....my question is will my 2200mah batt's be ok or too heavy? sorry to butt-in your post,

Posted by ADRIAN EADES on 09/08/2013 06:59:37:
Posted by J Myers III on 27/07/2013 15:19:10:

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bud, i'm going to do the same with my electronics.....(as you know) i bought a T-45 yesterday.....my question is will my 2200mah batt's be ok or too heavy? sorry to butt-in your post,

A 2200 will be all good. However this will pull 31 amps, just make sure your ESC is up to it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi How is your set-up going? i maidened it and myself last night lol.....Brilliant, no puffy strained batteries, ESC fine, just bent the nose, nothing i can't fix. this jet is superb, cruises on half throttle, and really picks it's skirt up and shifts when required to do so. I hope you get yours sorted.

The 2.2maH 25C 3c batteries are just sublime....i had to push the batt as far back as it would possibly go, that meant removing the thin 'Ply' battery tray....no Biggie though....TBH if the Ply batt tray was in there the damage would most deffinately been worse so quite happy there.

Regards Ade.

good idea, you will need to remove the ply battery holder plate to get the battery right back as far as possible, it kinda goes in at an upward angle if you know what i mean. the C of G is perfect. not that i know too much about it but it flies so true and dialed-in.

I use 2.200maH 25C Turnigy Batteries, the one i used came out the plane after 4 mins of various throttle 'Cold' i'm using a E-Flyte 35A ESC and a 4,500 outrunner brushless Motor

Edited By ADRIAN EADES on 30/08/2013 22:54:17