dle20 running issue videos

Browny

Just a quick update guys, put a new ignition on and all seamed to going well. As per this video http://db.tt/1r26Zofo

After a few restarts the problem reared it's ugly head again

http://db.tt/E3JiN12g

Just received a full carb rebuild kit. The only other option is to order a new reed cage and reeds for it

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that sell the reeds on there own?

Advert

Hi Browny. Is the plug colour good? ie; Elecrode a light brown ? If its black then look at carburation IF its a good colour then check the Crank Case Compression. Test it by removing the plug and turning over smartly . You should feel a slight resistance and hear a poping sound as the piston goes down . C/Case compression is far more imortant than cylinder compression in a two stroke . If C/Case comp is poor then look for C/Case leaks on gaskests and oil seals. low C/Case com manifests itself with poor idling and difficult starting . Another problem can be the Pop-off pressure in the carb . Thats the pressure that the diaphragm needle can be lifted off its seat by pressure applied to the fuel inlet . needs speciial gear to measure this . I believe that an ideal pressure is 10 psi . I recently run up a new DL 50 and after an hor or so running noticed that the cranckshaft had a lot of rock. This will eventually lead to failure of oil seals and C/C comp so its being rebuilt. Let us know what you find.

ps have you changed the plug for an NGK ?

Edited By Engine Doctor on 01/08/2013 11:13:23

Are you sure the mixture is set up correctly with a tacho? My fairly new Zenoah 23 has recently developed a dislike for starting inverted (I hand start and it used to be easy), and I now have to turn the plane over and she will start right up. Once running, runs fine... I have been advised by the supplier (who has years of experience with Zenoah's) that its probably the mixture....I have yet to try it....Rich

• 4 weeks later...