Pitts Special S1 - 1/3 scale

Herri

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Herri

May I say a very big "Thank You" for initiating this blog for if it was not for you and the excellent way that you have described your build of Toni Clark's Pitts I would never have been able to build the kit.

I purchased the kit some two years ago with the greatest of enthusiasm. When I first opened the kit I was very happy at the looks of and it and what I thought the quality was. I know that Toni has passed away and may God rest his soul but when I started to build I had many lengthy discussions with him on the poor quality of the instructions and the marking of the wood. I gave up the build for the past few years due to frustration but now that with the aid of your postings I can actually see what should be done instead of trying to guess what wood to use I am now once again eager to start building.

I built a 1/4 scale Pitts before to enter into our National Scale Competition but it was a bit too small and after the scale trimmings a bit on the heavy side hence the purchase of the 1/3 scale kit from Toni. My aim is to enter the South African Scale Nationals and hopefully qualify for the World's so please wish me luck. I will send some pics when I get close to the finished product but would you mind if I asked for a bit of assistance if I hit any problems?

All the best and thanks

Mike G

• 5 months later...
Posted by Hornet Rider on 09/01/2016 20:52:30:

Hey guys

I have been infectec with the biplane virus.
My current project is an EMHW Pitts Challenger 3 with 2.2m span.

Have to say, that it is a little bit easier to build compared to the TC Pitts, but the TC plans and building guide are way better.

Anyway I hope to finish her this month.

img_3688.jpg

img_3689.jpg

img_3615.jpg

Greets

Ricardo

Edited By Hornet Rider on 09/01/2016 20:57:04

Hi!
Do you have more pictures of the engine installation?
What engine Mount do you have?

Regards
Inge

• 1 year later...

Hello. I really like the photos of your airplane construction. it inspired me, the Toni Clark kits are sophisticated. I could ask you to send a profile of the lower and upper wing. just a photo, or. pdf or vector. I would like to use proven profiles on my double-barrel. thank you very much.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...