Pitts Special S1 - 1/3 scale

Herri

Advert

Hi guys, I'm back.

I was also over the pond but didn't get a motor (did get a new phone though)smiley

Love the motor, if only it were petrol. wink

Builds are also looking good.

I have done the aileron rods as per drawing. They are then just for show as each wing has its own servo.

I must admit, I doubt if I will use them as they will be a fiddle at the field.

Once I wake up properly, I hope to continue with mine.

Cheers

Herri

Hey

John or Herri did you have issues with the dimensions of the fuselage frames made of balsa? Especially #4 drived me nuts. By inserting #3 (plywood for landing gear and wing fixing) I noticed that #4 was a bit too small...arghh. But is was built according to the plan...

I also experienced a small dis-alignment at the end of the fuselage that I am trying to correct now.

Here are some pictures...

foto 04.03.14 22 07 20.jpg

foto 04.03.14 22 07 26.jpg

I wished all fuselage frames would be pre-manufactured, maybe made of plywood. Would have saved hell of a time.

Cheers

Ric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ric, I had to sand a little bit off the rear end of the lower wing seat, to get to 0 degrees on my new fuz. But it wasn't too much and I am trying to fit a completed wing from another fuz to the new one I am building. Its worth getting this right at 0 degrees as a lot of measurements will come off this later in the build.

john

Well, I have done a bit. I have also been working, cleaning the drive, the car etc etc.

Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. wink

I also admit this is the bit of the build I hate.

I have been using Solartrim on the fuse sides but see it would not be any good for the curvature of the cowl or the wheel pants.

I have therefore masked it off, as you can see and will spray those bits white and try to use the same black sticky trim.

Hopefully when that is done I will be able to rekindle my enthusiasm frown

cimg5602.jpg

cimg5603.jpg