Weekend of 16-17 March

Advert

I managed 2 test flights of my 72" mercury mallard with the modified fuz ( to get cg back from 85% to 50% to give me better r/c ) before I got rained off on sat.

John...Hmm, wise - no but just very tierd by 9pm.

Wow, you're not hanging about Andy!

I'd still be reading the instructions           Is it going together ok?  What motor did you get?

Wet and rainy down here today so shed time. I'm buiding a GWS Slow Stick (my third one) and fitting lights as I want to have a go at night flying in the spring/summer. I recon a nice sedate slow model like this is the best place to start!

Well things didn't go exactly to plan, by the time I took out a family lunch, and the usual drive about I only had a couple of hours build time.

Anyway I gt the power train fitted and tested in the Tiger 30, all thats left to do is fit the top wing and program it into my 10.

David - Looking at the JP website for a suitable motor was about as much use as a chocolate teapot, they reccommend a motor but it doesn't fit. (BTW I've still not had any reply from my emails) So working on just over 100W/KG left me looking for about 250W. Opted for a 2814-6 from GiantCod that arrived next day delivered for less that £14.

It fitted perectly with only the slightest fettling to get the holes to line up, so I'm quiet happy. Hope to fly over the Easter holiday.

Andy

My son and I flew on Saturday before the rain came. Quit a nice day. On Sunday afternoon we build his Multiplex Gemini. I was amazed how quickly it went together. started about 3PM and finished about 9pm. The decals non the fuz and the tail set still to do and the power set/Rx installation to do. Even so a really quick and easy build. Waiting for bit to come from HK now. Will let you know how it flies.

Bruce 

• 4 years later...