Galaxy Magician renovation - 400 flights later......

Simon Webb

Hi All, I know that this is an old thread and slightly off topic, but has anyone built an electric Magician yet, as I would quite like to have a go at an e version.

Also could someone with a Magician measure the width of the fuselage, just in front of the undercarriage, as it would help me to determine a suitable width for a LiPo.

Many thanks

Advert

Hi Redex,
I've a part completed e-Magician.
One problem is the lack of room in the existing tank bay for a good-sized Lipo because
of the u/c mounting former.
I modified it to use a glassfibre u/c, mounted on a ply plate with the old u/c former
cut out for Lipo access.
The motor bolts to a 1/4" ply mount epoxied to the existing bulkhead.
I can measure the fuse width later & report back.

dscf0248.jpg

Edited By Richard Wood on 08/09/2016 13:07:21

Here's my Electric Magician. Its completed a fair few flights now. I redesigned the interior of the fuselage so that there is a plate running from the front bulkhead back to behind the wings. The undercarriage mounts on this, and the wing bolts into it. There is room above for a 3000 4S battery which will give 10-12 minutes flying time with an 11x7 prop. The ESC is mounted under the plate behind the firewall with a hatch access when required.

magician 1.jpg

magician 1.jpg

magician 2.jpg

Thanks Richard & Andy48,

It looks like, from the LiPo pic, that the 4S3000 is about 46mm wide using the HK web site to get LiPo dimensions so a good reference there.

I also have an undercarriage from a recently departed kit built Wot4 e-convesion which may now come in handy and a spare BL2832 looking for a home.