moulding depron wing's

john picton

Depron does have a grain, so I suggest cutting some small squares from a sheet and marking orientation marks in order to find the grain before you start bending. Get it the wrong way and it will crease, get it the right way and it won't, unless you go too mad! Slight creases can be sanded out as it is 3mm thick, and you can get quite jiggy with it before it starts to suffer weakness.

Advert

The first two photos are first attempt with depron, an 18inch Frog Redwing electric powered.

The second photos are of a Pistacio model Watt Money plan of Oro-Hume a single seat plane.

Both models are yet to be tested in flight.

I have nearly mastered the art of 'moulding depron' thanks to all you guys

Hi Stephen, both are free flight, the Redwing weight is 34g, a bit heavy as I was not sure how strong the Depron would be so it has been strengthened with balsa, weight including Motor, Capacitor and switch ect .

The Pistacio all up weighs in at 7g, have tried flying in the front room with some success, think it will fly well in a large hall, will find out on the 24th.

Electrifiier, Thanks for the comment.

regards to all John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi u all,

The Depron REDWING flew right of the building board like a dream, powered by a 10f Capacitor I had several flights of about 60 seconds brilliant, I now intend to build a proper model to fly.

After my last posting I built an own designed model with a 20 inch span and with the same set up it also flew like a dream, will post photos soon