SLEC Astro Hog 20cc

Scruffmeister

Hi, I realise this conversation happened a few years ago, but I thought it would be good to add a bit about the SLEC Astro Hog, especially given the un-ended discussion of the SLEC kits quality. A few weeks ago, after SLEC changed their website, I accidently stumbled on an errant link to purchase the Astro Hog from them, so I gave it a go. A couple of emails later, SLEC confirmed the kit wasn't currently in stock or production, but Tina and Chris said they would run one off for me by the end of July. It's just arrived today, and a quick check through has shown the kit is the usual quality item they produce. Good quality wood, neatly cut, well packed, good quality fittings, and nice clear instructions. I don't think you can beat that for customer service and a quality product, thank you SLEC 80)

• 3 months later...
Advert

Hello,--speaking of SLEC,- I can not seem to contact them from the U.S. about a balsa stripper. Their address ends in a(.COM) . I saw in a recent RCM&E a line drawing of this balsa stripper like the one I bought years ago . It consists of a meter long "U" shaped metal channel in which a holder draws a rather long (2&3/4) inch surgical blade. Any blades I can come across over here will not click into the holder. Any ideas of how I can E-mail them for new blades? Thanks,----Bob [email protected]